Do you enjoy climbing and fine pruning large trees? Have you always wanted to achieve something great? Do you have a passion for safety and teamwork? We are looking for the right team member to grow with us and help influence the arboriculture industry.
We are looking for a dedicated and knowledgeable tree climber to join our growing team! Ahlum & Arbor is a full-service arboriculture business focusing on tree preservation and fine pruning! We are family owned and have been serving Central Ohio as one of the top arboriculture companies for over 40 years. We work hard to provide our team with training opportunities to advance their careers and knowledge. Our goal is to enhance and preserve trees and the surrounding environment while setting new standards in the arboriculture industry. Tree preservation is our way of life.
Our team is centered around our values of quality, reliability, safety, ethics, family, and knowledge. We take pride in our industry-leading, scientifically based tree care services and safety standards. We work hard to maintain the highest level of quality and reliable services.
We are a TCIA Accredited company, member of the Ohio Chapter ISA, and a leader in the industry. We currently have two locations in Central Ohio, striving towards our goal of becoming a top regional company.
At Ahlum & Arbor we provide top pay and benefits, educational opportunities, and a supportive culture. Our ideal candidate is someone with a minimum of 2 years’ experience climbing and 3-5 years in the arboriculture industry.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Maintain professional standards that uphold the company’s mission and values
- Set good examples for work ethic and production
- Assisting in job site set-up
- Operating chippers, loaders, chainsaws, and stump grinders
- Assist in job site clean-up
- Assist in setting up lowering devices and aiding in rigging branches safely to the ground
- Provide safe, productive, and quality services for all assigned tasks
- The ability to wear and utilize the appropriate equipment and PPE as required by company, clients, OSHA, and ANSI standards
- Work with the production team to clean up resulting debris, brush, branches, logs, etc.
- Effectively employ safe work practices around hazardous equipment and energized electrical lines. Be able and involved in setting up necessary work area protection zones utilizing arrow boards, barriers, warning signs, etc.
- Participate in regularly scheduled crew meetings, safety meetings, and provide pertinent operational information
- Ensure overall safe, productive, and quality work done on each job site, attending to the details through proper job briefings, job site hazard assessments, and pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
- Be accountable for the maintenance and proper use of all company vehicles, equipment, and tools
- Provide professional arboriculture services in accordance with ANSI A-300 pruning standards and ANSI Z133 safety standards
Skills and Qualifications:
- Works well with others
- Ability to take direction well and perform tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to multitask
- Learning and adhering to all company safety procedures
- Valid Driver’s License
- Pass driving background check to drive company vehicles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal, to communicate with crew members
- The ability to work safely and assure compliance of company, clients, and ANSI safety standards
- Familiarity with and ability to operate all equipment and tools utilized within the arboriculture industry
- Lifting up to 50 lbs. and working outdoors for extended periods of time
- Knowledge of modern climbing and rigging techniques, use of chippers, chainsaws, aerial lifts, and the ability to be trained in new techniques as necessary
Ahlum & Arbor Benefits:
- On the job training and extended education
- Advancement opportunities
- Full medical, vision, and dental benefits, 401(k), 401(k) matching, and life insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Compensation based on qualifications and experience
- Year-round work
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 - $32.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hilliard, OH: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Climbing: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Apply online at AhlumArbor.com