February 24, 2020
Altec Field Day - Optional Event
Prior to the Ohio Tree Care Conference
Monday, February 24, 2020 - 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Cost: $25 per person – Seating limited to 80 participants.
1:00 – 3:30
Triangle Park, 2500 Ridge Ave., Dayton, OH 45404
4:00 – 6:30
Tree Care Inc., 1021 Springfield St., Dayton, OH 45403
Details:This optional event is a must for all field works and equipment decision makers. The group will meet at Triangle Park’s main shelter located adjacent to the large parking lot. The outdoor / field demonstration will focus on the safe operation of mechanical tree removal and tree pruning equipment. Registered participants will get to experience the following:
- EC225-6S-FG – An Effer crane with 68 feet of reach outfitted with an 035 Gierkink grapple saw with a 14-inch cutting bar. The unit also features mat storage and storage for the grapple saw during transit.
- EC505-6S+3S-FG – An Effer crane with 92 feet of reach outfitted with both an 035 and 050 Gierkink grapple saw. The 035 has a 14-inch cutting bar and the 050 is equipped with a 20-inch cutting bar. The unit also features mat storage and storage for both Grapple saws during transit.
- MT66-E76 – Our newest product featuring and insulated articulating boom equipped with a cutting head. The unit is designed to allow remote controlled utility line clearing with the worker on the ground and out of the danger zone. The unit features a 10-foot elevator providing a maximum cutting height of 76 feet. The Altec designed head allows cutting while using the grapple feature to control the wood or cutting without the grapple and dropping if desired and safe.
- LR760-E70RM – (under CDL) An insulated and articulating aerial device with a platform providing 400 pounds of capacity and a working height of 75 feet. This unit is built on a non-CDL chassis allowing it to be operated without a CDL license.
- ST500 – A versatile spray truck built on the Isuzu NPR gas platform with 14,500 GVWR, an aluminum deck, fiberglass storage, 500 gallons of water in a 300/200 split fiberglass tank and 3 pump configurations available from 10 to 28 gallons per minute.
After the field portion of the event, participants will move to Tree Care Inc.’s shop for a classroom presentation with Michael Poor who is one of the pioneers of knuckle boom usage in the tree care industry. The presentation will be held from 3:30 to 6:00 pm.
Altec will provide dinner at the conclusion of the presentation.